ideas, innovations and apps for social work in the age of smartphones and social media
One of the foundations of modern psychology is that human personality can be described in terms of five different forms of behavior. These are:
1. Agreeableness–being helpful, cooperative and sympathetic towards others
2. Conscientiousness–being disciplined, organized and achievement-oriented
3. Extraversion–having a higher degree of sociability, assertiveness and talkativeness
4. Neuroticism–the degree of emotional stability, impulse control and anxiety
5. Openness–having a strong intellectual curiosity and a preference for novelty and variety
Psychologists have spent much time and many years developing tests that can classify people according to these criteria.
Today, Shuotian Bai at the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing and a couple of buddies say they have developed an online version of the test that can determine an individual’s personality traits from their behavior on a social network such as Facebook or Renren, an increasingly popular Chinese competitor.