ideas, innovations and apps for social work in the age of smartphones and social media
NCI QuitPal is a free smartphone app to support smokers working to become smoke-free. This interactive app is developed using proven quit strategies and tools to help change behavior and assist you with giving up smoking.
NCI QuitPal’s features:
- Set a quit date, financial goals, and reminders
- Track daily smoking habits with an easy-to-use calendar
- See graphs tracking money saved and number of packs not smoked
- Receive health milestones and craving tips to stay motivated
- Connect with social networks to give milestone updates
- Create a video diary, and watch personalized video messages from loved ones
- Access NCI’s Cancer Information Service by toll-free phone line or live chat
NCI QuitPal was developed by the USA National Cancer Institute using the latest evidence-based smoking cessation methods and behavior change theory.
via Smokefree.gov: Apps.